If taking a shower leaves your bathroom floor wetter than your shower recess, it's likely you have a leak!
Luckily there's an easy fix - and with Selleys Wet Area Speed Seal, you can be back using your shower within an hour.
What You Need
- Selleys Wet Area Speed Seal
- Caulking Gun
- Cloth for cleaning
- Ensure surfaces are clean (can be applied on wet or damp surface, its ideal if the surface is dry).
- Apply a layer of masking tape along the perimeter line where Selleys Wet Area Speed Seal is to be applied.
- If using a tube: Pierce tube with reversed side of the cap. Attach the supplied nozzle on the pierced tube and cut the tip of nozzle at 45 degree angle.
- If using a cartridge: Cut the Selleys Wet Area Speed Seal cartridge tip and place in the caulking gun. Attach the nozzle to the cartridge and snip the nozzle at a 45 degree angle. Pump the gun until the silicone just begins to emerge,
- Apply evenly to the join in a downwards motion starting from the top of the shower screen.
- Once applied, peel of the masking taped along the perimeters for a clean finishing & leave the sealant to dry for at least 2 hours before using the area.
- After 2 hours, the shower screen is ready for use!
- Tape both sides of the gap before applying the product. This ensures a neat finish and makes it easier to clean up.
- Remove the tape before the sealant dries.